Mercedes-Benz of Atlantic City is looking for sprinter van technicians to join our team of professionals in our service center.
The Sprinter Van Service Technician is responsible for performing assigned vehicle repair and maintenance work with efficiency and accuracy while in accordance with dealership and factory standards. This position will be servicing and repairing primary Sprinter Vans and depending on work load Mercedes Benz cars and SUVs
Job Duties Include:
- Performs works as outlined on repair order with efficiency and accuracy, in accordance with dealership and factory standards.
- Diagnoses cause of any malfunction and perform repairs.
- Communicates with parts department to obtain needed parts.
- Examines assigned vehicle to determine if further safety or service work is required or recommended.
- Communicates with service advisors immediately if additional work is needed, if work outlined is not needed or if repairs cannot be completed within the promised time.
- Documents all work performed and recommended on the repair order.
- Road tests vehicles when required.
- Participates in manufacturer-sponsored training programs, schools and events.
- Keeps abreast of manufacturer technical bulletins.
- Other duties as assigned
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Must have a minimum of 3 years’ Sprinter Van experience
- Must have New Jersey inspection/emission license
- Must have own tools
- Must be a team player and able to maintain a positive working attitude and environment
- ASE certification preferred, but not required
- Knowledge of the English language, spelling, grammar, punctuation and numbering systems
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one to customers, clients, and other employees
- Working knowledge of computers and Microsoft software products
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Successfully pass a pre-employment drug screen, motor vehicle and background check